Friday, 2 March 2012

And as quickly as's all over.

So, bike was put into transition.  Our bike and run bags put into rego ready for tomorrow, and it was off home to put the feet up and an early night.

And then..........well, then the texts and phone calls started to say that Ironman officials had decided to cancel the event due to predicted weather for Saturday, and instead, host a 70.3 race on Sunday.

Shattered, devastated, pissed off.........they all come to mind initially.

I understand what race organisers have done and why and know that it would not have been an easy decision for them, but nonetheless, it leaves a very bitter after taste.

I'm not quite sure how I feel about it all at the moment.  I'm not sure if I will race the 70.3 on Sunday.  Getting the finishers towel and medal will all feel a bit hollow............I just don't know what to do.

I definately need to sleep on it.  I just........I dunno.......I'm at a bit of a loss.

Do you target another race?  Challenge Cairns?  Do you do nothing?

I just can't justify the expense of coming back to New Zealand for Ironman, so that target is gone.  Perhaps the 70.3 needs to be completed so at least I can say I did A race in NZ.

I dunno.............

No comments:

Post a Comment